American Green Card Visa Lottery: How To Get A Job In The U.S. As A Foreign Worker - Jobs In Canada

American Green Card Visa Lottery: How To Get A Job In The U.S. As A Foreign Worker


American Green Card Visa Lottery: How To Get A Job In The U.S. As A Foreign Worker

Do you want to work in USA?
Would you like to migrate to America and work as an immigrant?

Based on your skills, circumstances, and the job that you're planning to do, you just might come to the U.S. as either a:

  • Temporary or permanent foreign worker, or a
  • Temporary visitor for business
Under certain circumstances, you may also be able to work in the U.S. if you're a foreign student or an exchange visitor.

How To Get a USA Work Visa

As a foreign worker, you will have a visa for the job in the U.S. Each type of visa has unique requirements, conditions, and time limits.
Visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services'(USCIS) Working in the U.S. web page for a review of each worker category and type of visa.
Use the Department of State's visa wizard to find:
  • The visa you need
  • The application process
  • Fees
  • Estimated wait time for a visa interview

Your Rights and Protections as a Temporary Foreign Worker

  • As a temporary foreign worker in the U.S., you are definitely not denied a visa or be punished by the U.S. government because you have exercised your rights under U.S. laws. Learn your rights and protections.
  • If you violate the terms of your work visa, maybe it's revoked. You might be deported, arrested, or denied re-entry into the U.S.
  • If you think maybe you or a person is being brought to the U.S. for human trafficking, get help now.

Immigration Questions

If you're in the U.S. and have questions about visas and immigration, visit the USCIS Contact Center. If you're in another country, contact your nearest international immigration office.

The K-1 or Fiancé(e) Visa

If you're a citizen of another country, you're engaged to a U.S. citizen, and you plan to marry and live in the U.S., your fiancé(e) can petition for a K-1 visa for you. The K-1 visa allows you to go to the United States to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of arriving. After you marry, you may apply for an adjustment of status to get a Permanent Resident (Green) Card.
The K-1 visa expires after 90 days and cannot be extended. Unless you marry within that time, you must leave the country or face possible deportation.
  • Find instructions for applying for your K-1 visa on the Department of State K-1 visa page.
  • Download forms for your fiancé(e) to petition for your visa and for you to try to get authorization to work. Find these on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services fiancé(e) visas page.
Sponsored Links